Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi system setup – Orbi router setup
For Orbi router Setup to connect your Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi system, it is recommended to power cycle
your Netgear Orbi network including your hardware devices -Modem and any existing router.
- Unplug your modem from the power source or remove any battery backup.
- Create a connection of modem to the Netgear Orbi router.
- Join both of them using the Ethernet cable wire which should be fixed at the yellow internet port of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Connect the Netgear Orbi Router to the power source.
- The power LED on the router should light up after you have powered on your Netgear Orbi router.
- If the power LED does not light, Press On/Off button on the router and wait for the LED to show up.
- The Netgear Orbi router’s ring Led light should be Solid white and then pulse to white light.
- Next, Position your Netgear Orbi satellite closer to your Orbi router in the middle of your house.
- Connect the Netgear Orbi satellite to the power source and turn it on.
- The internet LED on the Orbi satellite should show solid blue light.
- If the LED light is magenta, you must move your Orbi satellite in close space to the Netgear Orbi router to complete the orbilogin setup.
- Connect your computer to the Netgear Orbi router by wired Ethernet connection via an Ethernet cable or by the wireless connection over Wi-Fi.
- Open a web browser page on your computer connected above to your Orbi.
- Visit www.orbilogin.net as the default orbilogin address in the address field.
- Orbilogin.com redirects you to the orbilogin page.
- Log into the Netgear Orbi router using the Default Netgear orbilogin credentials.
- Enter default orbilogin username as admin and the password as password on the orbilogin page.
- This will direct you to the Netgear Orbi genie page.
- Select “Add Orbi Satellite” option to add the Orbi satelite to your Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi system for orbi router setup.
- The ‘Place Your Satellite page’ will be reached.
- follow the onscreen instructions by Netgear genie to place Orbi satellite in your house.
- Connect the Orbi satellite to a power source.
- Turn it on and its Power LED should light up.
- Click on the Next button and allow satellite’s ring LED to show solid white light.
- Press the Sync button on the satellite to allow sync between the router and the Orbi satellite.
- The Orbi satellite’s ring LED should pulse white light.
- Click on the Sync button on the Netgear orbi router as well.
- The orbi satellite’s ring LED should light and indicate one of the following colors to let you know that sync status for 3 seconds and then turns off:
- Blue ring LED light indicates successfully sync.
- Amber ring LED depicts fair connection on sync.
- Magenta ring ED light depicts failed sync.
- If the light is magenta, you must move your Orbi satellite closer to your Orbi router.
Your Orbi router and the Orbi satellite sync and are now set up as OrbiWi-Fi system using
www.orbilogin.net router interface to allow orbilogin sync.